OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
Greenland is committed to protecting your privacy and to complying with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). We do not sell our customers’ names, addresses or other personal information.
WHY GREENLAND MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Greenland may collect and use the personal information provided verbally or in writing (including via electronic media) by customers, consultants, strategic partners, agents, distributors, suppliers, contractors and other companies (including their employees) in order to:
- Market and sell Greenland homes and services;
- Conduct, process and complete real estate transactions;
- Communicate with, and provide information to, Greenland customers and others about Greenland products, services and offers that may be of interest to individuals;
- Manage our relationship with, among others, Greenland customers, consultants, strategic partners, agents, distributors, suppliers, contractors and other companies;
- Determining customer eligibility for financing homes and services, including identifying guarantors; assessing applications and conducting initial and periodic credit checks;
- Where circumstances require, collecting amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers;
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Such other purposes consistent with these purposes.
The personal information we ask for will depend upon which product or service you seek to obtain. All information is collected on a voluntary basis both online or offline, over the telephone, or face-to-face meetings and visits. Greenland generally collects such information using Registration Forms, Questionnaires and Surveys, Agreements of Purchase and Sale and Lease and related real estate transaction documents.
Greenland only collects, uses and discloses personal information for purposes that would be considered reasonable in the circumstances and only such information as is required for the purposes of providing products, services or information to customers. We use only fair and lawful methods to collect personal information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please note that there are circumstances where the use and/or disclosure of personal information may be justified or permitted or where Greenland is obliged to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- Where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or governmental tribunal;
- Where Greenland believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Where it is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to Greenland;
- Where it is necessary to permit Greenland to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or
- Where the information is public.
Where obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, Greenland will not disclose more information than is required.
COOKIES, INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING, AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
As you browse Greenland’s websites, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Greenland’s website. The techniques our partners employ does not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can manage your cookie settings within your browsers configuration.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information of our customers for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
While we reserve the right to modify this privacy statement, we confirm that, at all times, we will ensure our compliance with PIPEDA.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy or your personal information in relation to Greenland or its subsidiaries, please contact our office or write to our privacy officer at Greenland (Group) Canada, 77 King Street, West, Toronto, Ontario, M5K 2A1.